To promote, deliver, and expand
the best child care services
available outside the home.
Every day, ChildCareGroup is responsible for providing or managing the
care of more than 17,000 children from low-income families.
- Founded in 1901, ChildCareGroup’s strategic focus is expansion of quality child care, especially infant care and partially subsidized care for working poor families.
- ChildCareGroup, one of the largest non-profit organizations in Dallas, has been a United Way partner agency for over 80 years.
- In 1986, our centers were the first in Dallas to be accredited by the National Association of Young Children (NAEYC).
- ChildCareGroup advocates for children by encouraging legislation that supports safe, high quality care for children and their families.
- ChildCareGroup partners with national and local organizations to deliver its nationally acclaimed model of care, Relationship-Centered Child Care® (RC3®). The model which emphasizes a constant caregiver relationship where children flourish in a home-like environment with mixed-age groupings, smaller child-to-teacher ratios and curricula based on each child’s individual needs. RC3 is practiced in all ChildCareGroup child development centers.
- Quality, family-focused child care is provided to more than 600 infants, toddlers, and preschoolers and their families in six ChildCareGroup nationally accredited child development centers, serving low-income families. Our centers, located in East and South Dallas, Oak Cliff, Irving, and Garland, are supported by Head Start of Greater Dallas, Early Head Start, United Way of Metropolitan Dallas, and private donations.
- Annually, nearly 26,000 children receive assistance through ChildCareGroup's Child Care Assistance (CCA) program, a child care voucher program for low-income families, with funding from WorkSource for Dallas County and the Texas Workforce Commission. CCA works with over 1,500 regulated, Texas Rising Star, and relative care providers to implement the program.
- ChildCareGroup’s Resource and Referral program helps nearly 3,000 families, including corporate employees and military families. The program helps families in Dallas and 42 surrounding counties find child care services that best meet their needs.
- Each year, nearly 2,000 children in approximately 100 sponsored family child care homes and ChildCareGroup child development centers are served at least two-thirds of their daily nutritional requirements through ChildCareGroup’s Food and Nutrition Program, a proud sponsor of the USDA's Child and Adult Care Food Program.
- ChildCareGroup was awarded the Texas Early Education Model (TEEM) Grant for Dallas in 2005, which is currently practiced in 22 preschool classrooms in five of our child development centers.
- In February 2006, Governor Rick Perry visited one of our TEEM classrooms to showcase the model to Governors Mitt Romney and Matt Blunt.
- August 2007, three TEEM classrooms in two of ChildCareGroup Child Development Centers received the State's new preschool certification "School Ready" Award.
- The Resource and Referral Program received the 2005 Quality Assurance Consumer Education Award for their successful delivery of customer education and referral services.
- In January 2001, Dallas Child named us as one of "10 Things that Make Dallas Great for Kids."
- In 2000, the U. S. Department of Health and Human Services awarded ChildCareGroup an Early Head Start grant, enabling the organization to expand its services for infants and toddlers and to reach out to expectant parents.
back to top