Below is a brief summary of the basic eligibility requirements:
- You must live in Dallas County.
- If you are a single parent household, you must be currently working and/or in job training or attending an educational program for a minimum of 25 total hours or more per week.
If you are a two-parent household, you BOTH must be currently working and/or in job training or attending an educational program for a minimum or 50 total combined
hours or more per week.
- Your monthly income cannot be over the guidelines as outlined in the Eligibility Code Card table effective October 1, 2013 through September 30, 2014 (be sure to include ALL income received on a monthly/annual basis, before taxes).
- Your child is a U.S. citizen, or legal immigrant, and under the age of 13 years of age.
If you meet all of the above requirements, you are pre-qualified for assistance. Please click here to apply.
- If you need help finding a child care provider or do not qualify for assistance, please click here to search for child care in your area. This will take you to our CCA Web Portal, wher you will also find information about quality child care, including a list of quality care providers, why quality matters for you and your child, parenting resources, and more.
If you are receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), and would like to participate in employment and training programs, please contact your nearest Workforce Solutions Center.